Sunday, January 24, 2010

Not thick, but still very attractive

Since I've been back, I've made two important realizations. Because I flew from Austin directly back to Canada, and then from Canada directly back to Austin, I think the ability to acknowledge the differences between the two much easier. As a result, here are my findings:

1) Most people here do have accents. The student population of University of Texas at Austin is mostly Texan born and raised. Something like 80% of students are from Texas. Upon my first arrival, maybe because my migration was gradual as I drove to Texas through the Midwest, I didn't notice any thick accents. Upon my return to Texas after my holiday, in which I flew directly from Regina, I do notice accents. Though not thick, a subtle southern-drawl is present.

2) The boys in the gym are hot. Much hotter than the guys at the gay YMCA in Toronto. This, of course, is not surprising. Young active men at University age are much more likely to appeal to me than older blue collar types. But still, it wasn't something I had noticed until now. Previously, I had taken the beautiful bodies around me at Gregory Gym for granted.

No comments:

Post a Comment